All the travel inspiration you could wish for is waiting to be found at the Cape Getaway Show, offering you the chance to Dream, Explore and Discover.
More than a travel adventure expo, the Cape Getaway Show is a fun day out for the whole family, with activities for kids of all ages, letting the grown-ups get down to the serious business of planning the next family holiday.
From Friday 6 to Sunday 8 March, at Sandringham Farm, Sandringham Road in Stellenbosch, the Western Cape’s biggest travel, outdoor and adventure event, brings three days of fun and leisure experiences– with a host of interactive exhibits, exciting activities and adventure, a vast array of stunning destinations, valuable hints, tips and information, as well as great show specials and prizes.
Plan to spend the day out in the beauty of Stellenbosch with these and more fun activities:
- Adventure Junction – Zorbing and giant adventure inflatables.
- Toddler area – train rides, a variety of soft play stations and ice cream parlour.
- Pet hotel! Bring along your fur friends for a play date (remember to bring along your pet’s vaccination cards).
- Mobile spa – relax in an African setting at the show and enjoy a massage.
- Foodtopia – from meaty barbeques to traditional South African cuisine and exotic delights, plus a delicious Vegan station.
- Drinks Village – there’s something for everyone with a beer tent, wine and gin experience.
- Take Me Home service – let a driver deliver you safely back home in your own car (free within a 50km radius of Sandringham Farm).
- Live music.
- The Getaway Slow Lounge – the magazine chill zone, with incredible subscription prizes and getaway competitions to be won. There’s more! Rugby Legend James Dalton will be launching his biography, Bulletproof, and will be hosting a book signing in the lounge on Saturday 7th March 2020 at midday.
- Craft Market – a wide variety of crafter’s will be putting out their finest products, including leather items, jewellery and preserves.
- Spin and Win – the ever-popular prize winning area with plenty of prizes up for grabs.
- Competitions and prizes.
Go to getaway.co.za for more information, follow the Getaway Show on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @getawayshow.
Follow our social media channels and watch out for amazing competitions like massage vouchers, getaways and lots more.
Show hours are Friday 12 noon to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm, and Sunday 9am to 4pm. Book at Computicket (https://tickets.computicket.com/event/the_getaway_show/7122885), at R100 for adults, R50 for scholars and pensioners, free for kids 12 and under, and a family package for two adults and two kids at R150. By buying your ticket, you automatically stand a chance to win a five-night stay at Uroa Bay Beach Resort in Zanzibar for two people.