Starbucks Cold Brew at Home
What you’ll need
• 1 large sterilised jar, container or French Press
• 250g of course ground coffee (Starbucks Kenya/ Colombia/ combination)
• 1 litre fresh, filtered, room temperature water
• Add ground coffee into brewing vessel.
• Slowly pour water over coffee grounds, ensuring all coffee is saturated .
• Seal with a lid and allow to steep at room temperature for 12 –20 hours (longer steep =
• After 12 – 24 hours steep time, using a cloth, strain the brew into a clean and sterilised storage
container, such as a bottle or jug with a lid, to separate coffee grounds from Cold Brew
• If using a French Press, simply push down on the strainer and pour out into a storage container.
• Discard coffee grounds in garden as a natural fertiliser and insect repellent; and store cold
brew concentrate in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To drink, combine:
• 1 part Cold Brew concentrate to 2 parts cold filtered water, or milk, topped with ice.
• For a creamy but non–dairy options, it’s recommended to use Almond or Oat milk.
• Flavour to preference using Vanilla or Caramel syrup.