Fun Tri Groups 2nd Sprint Triathlon at Emmarentia Dam. Great day and great Fun. All the action and pics

Fun Tri Groups 2nd Sprint Triathlon at Emmarentia Dam. Great day and great Fun. All the action will be up soon on the website

The Fun Tri Groups 2nd Fun Tri took place and I decided to give it a go. Doc Shoyab Wadee took me into the dam on Friday. Ebay Jay and Mohammed Motala spurred me on. Ary encouraged me from Africa and All I can say it was a Fantastic experience. The swim leg broke me. I was shattered. At the end i managed the 450 m swim leg,did 15 km out of the 20km in the bike and did the 2.5 km instead of 5km Run. All said and Done I will take that considering my poor fitness Lol.

Our deepest fears is not that we are in inadequate,Our deepest Fear is that we are more powerful beyon measure.It is our Light and not our Darkness that most Frightens us. Winning is not a special reward reserved for some,winning is for Champion attitudes and Champion Hearts

The event was won by

Males ) 1. Ahmed Badat 1:17:03  2) Mohamed Baroochi 1:17:57, 3) Zunaid Reciet 1:18:31

Ladies) 1. Tasniem Salie (16 years old) 1:29:54, 2)Sadiya Valli 1:44:54 and 3)Tahira Valee 1:44:54.

It was a fantastic event and the organisation,marshalls,support and fans were Top Notch. The even is growing and this year it included a kiddies race 2hich composed of a 50m swim and 1km run. Winning is about Champion Attitudes and Champion Hearts. Helmets off to all involved

The Start of the Tri and the open water swim

[envira-gallery slug=”fun-tri-group-triathlon-january-22-2017″]

• alittlebikini
    January 23, 2017 at 1:43 pm Reply

Beautiful!

• swoosh0018
    January 24, 2017 at 11:00 am Reply

@zanegamiet please share your experience on the day and as an Iron Man athlete can you add more on the development of the sport in our community. The kiddies event was a great idea

• swoosh0018
    January 24, 2017 at 11:01 am Reply

@eyahmed how was the event? Would you say you were more prepared and the event itself has grown

• swoosh0018
    January 24, 2017 at 11:02 am Reply

@azpanch as Event Referee were you happy with the day, geez you guys did a sterling effort

• swoosh0018
    January 24, 2017 at 11:04 am Reply

@farsaf_ fantastic effort along with Saadia motala and the rest. A huge mention must go out toward the women and their roles behind the scene. Your thoughts on the day

• zanegamiet
    January 24, 2017 at 11:06 am Reply

To start off, the organization was of the best I’ve competed in so far, ranking right up there with ironman. Swim was pleasant with nice calm start, bike a bit on the challenging side, but not very difficult. That made it ideal for an introduction. Run was also not the easiest, but very fun and the entire race was well marshaled with a phenomenal atmosphere. Overall one of the best events I’ve done. Great introduction for beginners.

• swoosh0018
    January 24, 2017 at 11:08 am Reply

@fahmida.kaloo your support in these events are special, first on the scene and last to leave motivating the amateur guys like us. How has the sport grown and how was the 2nd Fun Tri. Also the role of the women , fantastic. Also how was the day

• swoosh0018
    January 24, 2017 at 11:09 am Reply

@zanegamiet do you think more events like these would get more athletes into the daunting IRON MAN Competition

• swoosh0018
    January 24, 2017 at 11:11 am Reply

Anyone else that competed please share your experience on the day

• zanegamiet
    January 24, 2017 at 11:18 am Reply

I really do. I think it will start with the realization that they are capable of a lot more than they thought, followed by acknowledging that with enough work and effort they could do the impossible… And what’s more impossible than ironman right? I’m hoping to see you at the start line soon.

• drdamncharming
    January 24, 2017 at 11:18 am Reply

Wish I could’ve run it again! Such a well organized & pleasant triathlon to participate in! I was just giving the rest of the guys a chance!

• ebi_omer
    January 24, 2017 at 11:23 am Reply

World Class Event. Thoroughly enjoyed! #tryanyone #funtrigroup

• swoosh0018
    January 24, 2017 at 11:26 am Reply

@drdamncharming good luck with recovery. 🙂

• sadiapm
    January 24, 2017 at 11:30 am Reply

Event went off well…..thanx to all that contributed…..relay sports drinks….sedgars sports….champion chip timing…national displays and shop fitting……motalas timbercity

• swoosh0018
    January 24, 2017 at 11:33 am Reply

@sadiapm Helmets off to to you and ur team Sadia. Support was just amazing. Especially that Coke at the end 🙂

• shoyabwadee
    January 24, 2017 at 11:39 am Reply

Great event-with Swoosh being the athlete of the day to watch!! Well done bud

• swoosh0018
    January 24, 2017 at 11:43 am Reply

@shoyabwadee was just going to tag u. My mentor,the man that took me into the dam for first time, thought me about marriage, the deep end and Victoria secret.special thanks to u for that Friday and I must admit u seemed to be missing ari:) as the old Alipor uncles say “I surwived ” 🙂

• swoosh0018
    January 24, 2017 at 11:48 am Reply

@arshad_mk we missed you man

• cas_mess
    January 24, 2017 at 1:04 pm Reply

My first what an event greatly enjoyable and unbelievably uniting…top athletes and fans…definitely next time again

• farsaf_
    January 24, 2017 at 3:22 pm Reply

@swoosh0018 top event.. The volunteers who organized this did an awesome job

• farsaf_
    January 24, 2017 at 3:22 pm Reply

And the kiddies race was way too cute too.. Well done to all the athletes.. All completed their triathlon ‘

• azpanch
    January 24, 2017 at 3:25 pm Reply

@swoosh0018 thanks bro! We received many messages sharing your sentiment. Have so many selfless, dedicated volunteers to thank for the event’s success. And congrats on completing your first tri in such style

• @ESMEROcycling