GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS-UNBELIEVABLE IN MANCHESTER AS CITY ARE CROWNED CHAMPS

City are crowned Champions

On Sunday it was unbelievable. This is the reason why we love football. It was final Sunday for the EPL and lets be honest everybody expected a easy Manchester City victory. No one really cared what happened at the Stadium of Light. The MANCS and myself had conceded the title to City. After Man City took the lead through Zabaletta it seemed though the script had been written. Then in a cruel twist of fate Lescotts error allowed Djibrille Cisse in and he equalised. The MANCS meanwhile led at Sunderland. Surely City would press and take the lead. Then the Joey Barton incident. An off the ball incident with Tevez and then sheer madness as he kicked Aguero in anger. This was definitely the turning point of the game. Im sure Hughes and QPR Fans thought this was the end. 10 men against a hungry City. And who would have expected QPR to take the lead. 2-1 and the MANCS were on course to capture the EPL. Nobody scripted this. I phoned Dr Ebrahim Moosajee probably the only QPR Fan I know in South Africa and shared some banter.

City were pressing. This was destiny. I could see the Ghosts of Munich playing for QPR. Tommy Taylor,Duncan Edwards,Charlton and Best in midfield.

I called my Grandfather in on 90 minutes and said “Papa, Come and see how Man City has thrown the leagues away. All of a sudden I couldn’t see the Ghosts of Munich. They left on 90 minutes. Dzeko equalised and in almost the last kick of the game Sergio Aguero gave City the Lead. I couldnt believe it. 60 seconds has changed everything. Mancini had a job again. City Fans cried tears of Joy instead of despair. Earlier fans were kicking chairs in Anger. They felt they gifted their City Rivals the title.

On the touchline it was sheer emotion.

The City coaching staff celebrated

CITY WERE CHAMPIONS. THE FANS AND THE TEAM CELEBRATED. AMAZING SCENES IN MANCHESTER.

Yesterday I met a gutted MANC fan Mamoo and he told me he almost had a heart attack and he couldnt take such pressure.
For the MANCS they did what they had to do. This is what you simply called DESTINY

May 17, 2012 at 6:58 am Reply

Faiyaz Ally
    What a thing!!!!! I’m in shock… Sorry mancs well done city!!!

May 17, 2012 at 7:02 am Reply

Yusuf Wadee
    Manchester is blue….the beautiful game…Fantastic….

May 17, 2012 at 7:02 am Reply

Aadil Lakhi
    Well done City. Massive to come up with those late goals.

May 17, 2012 at 7:02 am Reply

Bilal Ismail
    This was some seriously unbelievable words can’t describe wat went down 2day. As a die hard Manc fan I have to admit that this was a brilliant end to the finish, well done City. GGMU

May 17, 2012 at 7:03 am Reply

Naseem Mayet
    At one stage, city fans were licking chairs in anger. Sunday May 13th 2012. The days the Ghosts of Munich left after 90 minutes.

May 17, 2012 at 7:24 am Reply

Ahmed Ismail
    Well done citeh.u guyz deserved it.for da all da years of sabr.wat a thing for da city of manchester. Swoosh only da epl can make u cry n laugh in 90 min.

May 17, 2012 at 7:24 am Reply

Naseem Mayet
    Unbelievable. I was watching the city game, how were the scenes at Sunderland

May 17, 2012 at 7:24 am Reply

Ahmed Ismail
    Our guyz were cool .did wat dey had to.no tears.brave men.

May 17, 2012 at 7:25 am Reply

Ismail Laher
    Naseem how’s your father

May 17, 2012 at 7:26 am Reply

Naseem Mayet
    The man is gutted. But gracious in defeat. Not swearing anybody, looks shell shocked, no communication, just nodding

May 17, 2012 at 7:27 am Reply

Ahmed Ismail
    ?@swoosh, btw u okes lost!
    Ur lowest league position since 1962

May 17, 2012 at 7:29 am Reply

Naseem Mayet
    We are shite, who did we play 🙁

May 17, 2012 at 7:29 am Reply

Fareed Kaloo
    In all my years of watching English football, I have never experienced something like this before. My skoon-topie tells me about a 68 final that was played between Liverpool and Arsenal. The Arse had to win by 2 goals, and they scored it at the death to take the league. Warra season and warra final day this was. Football was the winner, and City deserved the title. Red Till I’m Dead. United For Life.

May 17, 2012 at 7:30 am Reply

Mohamed Feroz Soni
    The 89/90 season I think it was when the Fools were 2min away from the title against the Arse and if I’m not mistaken Michael Thomas or David Rocastle ripped Pool’s heart out with a stunning strike in the dying minutes. I can still picture Steve McMahon showing his team-mates from the bench that there were just 2 min left. Arse won the league by a solitary goal if I’m correct. Forgive me but it was a long time ago so the details are a bit sketchy.

May 17, 2012 at 7:31 am Reply

Naseem Mayet
    I got a connection in uk they called collymore, when michael thomas scored collymore threw his tv out on road, true story, connextion in bately

May 17, 2012 at 7:33 am Reply

Mohamed Feroz Soni
    My dad and I watched the game and we celebrated as if we were Arse supporters. That Arsenal side were brilliant. Seaman, Adams, Winterburn, Smith, Rocastle, Thomas, etc. Liverpool werent too shabby either.

May 17, 2012 at 7:33 am Reply

Fareed Kaloo
    Thanks for the correction Soni. Must have been one heck of a game.

May 17, 2012 at 7:34 am Reply

Naseem Mayet
    As a pool man it was low, everyone remembers the aldrige and macmahon gesture. But that was 88/89. Today was unbelievable. As a football fan and and Abu, in ten seconds mancini had a job back and fans were not kicking chairs…..it was destiny

May 17, 2012 at 7:34 am Reply

Fareed Kaloo
    I have no respect for the City fans who left early though. Win or lose, you support the boys until the final whistle.

May 17, 2012 at 7:35 am Reply

Sufyaan Sarang
    Swoosh does this top my last day FPL win of last year with Lescott??

May 17, 2012 at 7:37 am Reply

Naseem Mayet In best of the best that was special. Lescott popping up and from the dead sufyaan sarang as champ, that was a close second to this finale. Epic weekend, watching juve vs atlanta now on pvr.
    How crucial was the joey barton incident.