THE WINGMAN

NB: THIS WAS AN EMAIL THAT I JUST EDITED A BIT. Thought it was quite good actually. It is PG-Rated.

Since I just returned from Cape Town and a search and destroy mission, I felt it fitting to bring back the Wingman.

Im sure all the okes can relate, The ladies well they might be a tad offended, But thats Football.

So I have brought the article on perhaps one of the most difficult and undermigned roles of one of the greatest form of man to have ever stood the test of time……THE WINGMAN

Army Special Forces (Green Berets) Army Special Forces (SF) are commonly referred to as “Green Berets. They are strategic, multipurpose forces capable of rapid response to various contingencies throughout the world. Their mission is to organize, train, equip, and direct indigenous forces in unconventional warfare and foreign internal defense. For this reason, they possess foreign language and area orientation skills
I recieved an email the other day about the Role of a Wingman out in the field. In the airforce you never leave your Wingman. Never. In life I was the Flight Leader and on many occasions a Wingman. So I prepared a little Manifesto as Im sure the owes on the Blog will be hitting the Kaap,Durbs & Latinova and Taboo at some point
The Wingman is argueably the noblest and bravest creature to ever step into a Skit,rik,holiday,bar room whatever.
Who else with cavalier disregard for his personal reputation is willing to throw himself upon the cruel mercies of a brazen man-hater, just so he can give the through ball to his puttner.
*throughball- go ahead to tackle or attack a babe of splendour
Who Else will dance with the unknown that can be so bad that no amount of liquor will wash the stain from his memory. Who else will stand in the deepest depths of hell so a buddy can climb on his back and look into Heaven?
WHAT A WINGMAN DOES
And just as that brave(some say suicidally insane) Spartan King and his hundred warriors laid down their lives against a hundred thousand Persions so WILL THE WINGMAN, with the right amount of Prodding, recklessly lunge into battle against foes twice his size and half his interlect, fully knowing there is no way in hell the night will end well
It usually goes down like this
The Flight Leader (Your bra or right hand man) spots an attractive chic (BT-THE BOMBING TARGET) at the waterfront. But we all know she is not alone………………………………………………………….
She has a tragically less attractive friend known as the CB-COCK BLOCKER.
They seem so close that the Target is unlikely to abandon the Cock Blocker.
The Flight leader knows that he won’t successfully complete his bombing run on the target without sufficient air cover and this is where the Wingman comes into play
The Wingman will engage the Cock Blocker and pin her down long enough for the Flight Leader to finish his run, and hopefully bomb his target to the bedroom
Of course theres much more to the task than distracting the cock blocker while the Flight Leader makes his move.
Wingman skills have been honed and passed down since someone decided women should be allowed into bars and clubs . Strategies have evolved and tactics have been polished to the point where a WINGMAN has become a super specialised warrior in the eternal battle of sexes. And like all specialists, theve developed their own lingo
THE RISKS
However there are a few risks involved in being a WINGMAN.
Sometimes its as innocuous as enduring dull conversation or getting pasta thrown in his face. Sometimes his public reputation becomes so mangled he cannot fly in the same theater of operations
Sometimes he will get locked in such a steep dive he cant pull up in time to save himself from crash landing in a CB’s bed
The experience can shatter him completely, taking him off the duty roster for weeks, sometimes months, Some never come back.
Worst of all sometimes the Wingman goes in so deep into enemy territory that he will go native and develop strange tastes in women
Bottom Line is a Wingman is a memeber of the Special Forces and can be inserted anywhere anytime at anyplace. They are part of the Green Berets, Seals and will stand with the Volende bra through thick & Thin, Sick & Sin.
In My time I served with a great platoon of special Forces and there are still a few marines left………….
But to be part of this specialised Unit You needed to have the thousand yard stare and the following qualities
1. Without hesitation he will except any mission given to him, no matter how imposible it may seem
2. He will never show interest in the Target
3. “NO cock blocker is so beastly or boring I pomise I will engage her in stunning conversation”
4.Gallantly he will engage any enemy no lie is too large ,no shame too great, no cock blocker to difficult to deter
5. He must not worry about his reputation
6. He must and always be willing to back up any lie a flight leader tells
7. NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER ABANDON YOUR FLIGHT LEADER. SEE THE MISSION THROUGH EVEN IF IT MEANS WAKING UP WITH a ………..
I HAVE HAD GREAT WINGMEN IN MY TIME.TO ALL MY WINGMEN AND FELLOW WINGMEN THIS ARTICLE IS DEDICATED TO ALL WINGMEN WHO HAVE DIED AND FOUGHT GALLANTLY IN BATTLES PAST AND PRESENT
SWOOSH
113 th Marine Regiment
GREEN BERET UNIT
SPECIAL FORCES

January 13, 2008 at 10:40 pm Reply

Salute to you and Platoon!
    Signing off…
    Special force
    Foreign Minister

January 13, 2008 at 10:41 pm Reply

To the anonymous fella who does not understand the meaning and value of a wingmen, it is you who needs to get a life coz if you had one in the first place you would have understood the necessity of the very existence of those noble soles who risk life, limb and izzet for their buddies satisfaction….

January 13, 2008 at 10:42 pm Reply

3rd comment

Spoken like a true Wingman

Semper Fi

January 13, 2008 at 10:43 pm Reply

swoosh, salute! i have a question, but before that i need to paint a picture first… back in ‘nam, me n my buddy wer trippin mofo’s wen we wer alerted to a ‘target’ and the ‘CB’…by the rules of engagment that had panned out i was designated wingman….being nite time and considering our nite vision was disabled (really, mofo’s), we approached with caution. i wont lie, the strangest thing happened rite then….the target ended up being worse then the CB and my buddy inadvertantly turned out to be the wingmen… and also my CB wasnt that bad afterall (no stunner tho). my question is, even tho we aborted the mission, do those duties that passed telepathically from A to B become obligatory or are they at the discretion of the original flight leader?? 🙂 over an out…

• Swoosh
    January 13, 2008 at 10:44 pm Reply

To the man that saluted me

When in War You will leave no man behind.

You must remember. A SARDINE IS ALSO A FISH

January 13, 2008 at 10:48 pm Reply

I HAD GREAT WINGMEN IN MY TIME Swoosh

THANK YOU FOR PAYING TRIBUTE TO THE MANY WHO SACRIFICED THEMSELVES FOR THE CAUSE
    They are noble warriors.
    Raise the flag at half mast and fire three shots.

GI Joe

January 14, 2008 at 8:55 am Reply

we salute all wingman who have “TAKEN ONE FOR THE OUENS”

KOPOUT, MY BRA “I SALUTE YOU”.

“go”

• "come"
    January 14, 2008 at 9:06 am Reply

its not an easy thing to do, so i also salute all the guys that have “TAKEN ONE FOR THE OUENS”

Rumour has it that “go” has taken it FROM one of the ouens

• Herbly
    January 14, 2008 at 9:26 am Reply

A special tribute to the GREATEST wingman I have ever known

You will never find a better man on your side.

I salute you Marine Farid Saloojee

• Herbly
    January 14, 2008 at 9:27 am Reply

Strokes how can I forget the missions where you bravely left the tank and went into the fields unarmed.
    I salute you Marine Naseem Mayet

January 14, 2008 at 9:29 am Reply

“come” or “cum”, u feeling left out ?

“go”

January 14, 2008 at 9:58 am Reply

(unarmed) thats telling a lot

January 14, 2008 at 10:05 am Reply

I knew a wingman once. Brave and Noble. Dived in for the call of duty. Came out full of scars. He suffers post traumatic stress nowadays.

Deserves a purple heart for bravery.
    These noble souls should be remembered

Sgt Lone Wolf Mcquard
    The war of Gunstone 500.1998

January 14, 2008 at 10:11 am Reply

I was a wingman once. The battle was fierce. Our squad moved in. Things were calm at first. All of a sudden we exited the dark area for the light. I knew I had to abort the mission but being a true wingman I never abandoned my flight leader. I stuck through the mission. We radioed in for a transport chopper and whisked the enemy out before Sunrise.It was one hell of a dangerous mission.

Semper Fi Marines
    And on that day we left no one behind

January 14, 2008 at 10:16 am Reply

“GO” SALUTE BROTHER !

You can be my wingman with the E36 ………..

KOPOUT

January 14, 2008 at 10:24 am Reply

What was a mission without the AirForce. Always there for Rescue Operations, Medivacs and transport missions.

Some of the bravest men Ive ever met.Always landing in dangerous zones and Hot Lz’s.
    Just to take their man out of the shit

AIR FORCE